9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,
1. Who are some people I respect?
2. What are some things I value?
3. How can I make sure I am putting Jesus first in my life?
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
1. What is something I have literally bowed to?
2. Why does God ask me to bow to Jesus?
3. Try physically kneeling before Jesus today.
11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
1. Read Luke 9:26
2. Am I ashamed or afraid to talk about Jesus and what He has done in my life?
3. Today find at least one way to let other people know you are a Jesus follower.
12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.
1. When is a time I did not do what I should have because I knew no one was looking?
2. What did Jesus do for me?
3. When did I receive the gift of salvation?
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
1. What evidence is there that God is working in me?
2. What things do I really desire? Is it truly my desire to please God?
3. Am I relying more on my own power or on God’s power? Explain.